Limited reporting of tiny allocations

While every single allocation is tracked, for performance reasons only the largest allocations are reported, with a minimum of 99% of allocated memory reported. The remaining <1% is highly unlikely to be relevant when trying to reduce usage; it’s effectively noise.

No support for subprocesses

This is planned, but not yet implemented.

Missing memory allocation APIs

See the list in the page on what Fil tracks.

No support for third-party allocators

On Linux, Fil replaces the standard glibc allocator with jemalloc, though this is an implementation detail that may change in the future.

On all platforms, Fil will not work with custom allocators like jemalloc or tcmalloc.